Dedicated to developing the whole child ...
The Right Experience for Parents
Our small school size, and the warm family environment, provide the perfect community for all families in which strong bonds and nurturing relationships can develop. We encourage parents to be involved with our school to further enrich each student's academic experience. Volunteering opportunities are always available and our staff and faculty look forward to all our parents have to offer.
Saint Mary Our Mother School is committed to providing an excellent Catholic elementary education, Pre-K through grade six. We provide small classes in a warm, nurturing environment with dedicated teachers who help guide students spiritually, academically and morally. Founded in 1959 as an educational ministry of the parish of Saint Mary Our Mother, our school warmly welcomes children of all faiths, throughout the Twin Tiers, to be part of our school family.
Saint Mary Our Mother is a living expression of the teaching-mission of the Church. The school is a faith-community working towards fostering the dignity of the person and responding to the need for justice and peace in our global society. Saint Mary Our Mother educates the whole person by sharing with the parents their responsibility to foster spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and physical growth in their children. Our sound, quality education will enable those who attend our school to acquire the competency needed to function as effective leaders. Through the development of Christian principles based on the Gospel message, each child is nurtured with the values needed to be contributing citizens in their future communities.
We believe that …
- Children are our community’s most valuable asset.
- Effective education develops the whole person…spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically.
- Every individual has inherent worth.
- Children learn at different rates and in different ways.
- Understanding and appreciation of diversity are critical to world peace and harmony.
- The Catholic school is part of the community of faith and a ministry of the church.
- Life-long learning is essential for success in a changing society.
- All children have a right to safety, security, love and learning.
- Self-esteem is directly related to success.